Why is Bulgarian stock market attractive?
- This is a frontier market with significant potential to catch-up with the global markets recovery – in 2013 the main index SOFIX marked 43% growth and 6.22% in 2014.
- 0% tax on capital gains in Bulgaria.
- Only 5% withholding dividend tax.
- Bulgaria has the most favorable tax regime in Europe: the lowest corporate income tax rate in EU – 10%; Personal income tax is 10 % flat rate.
- While economy is recovering and the interest rates on bank deposits are declining sharply, more local retail investors are expected to be turning to risky assets – households’ bank deposits as of end of 2015 amount at BGN 42.6 bln. (49% of GDP).